ABOUT ALANYA ALAADDIN KEYKUBAT UNIVERSITY
Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University (ALKU) was established on 2015 as a new state university in Alanya. ALKU aims to provide qualified higher education and an international learning environment with its four faculties (Business, Engineering, Medicine, Education), three graduate schools (Sciences, Social Sciences, Health Sciences) and three vocational schools, all of which together offer variety of programs for associate, bachelor, master’s and Ph.D. degrees, as well as specialization in medicine, for approximately 7,000 students from nearly 40 different countries. ALKU has been constantly evolving rapidly since its establishment and there will soon be new faculties with many programs to be opened in the fields of tourism, sports, fine arts, conservatory, health sciences, and dentistry.
Located 135 km. east of Antalya province in the Mediterranean region in Turkey, Alanya is a major tourism destination with natural, historical and cultural attractions. ALKU is the first state university in Turkey that is located in a town center instead of city centers, which shows the importance of the town and its future potentials.
Transportation to Alanya is easy with year-round international and domestic flights to Alanya-Gazipaşa Airport (40 minutes by bus) and Antalya International Airport (2 hours by bus). There are also buses arriving to Alanya bus terminal from all of the major cities of Turkey. Transportation to ALKU campus is available continuously by city buses (number 202) within Alanya.
Based in a paradise-like holiday region, ALKU attaches much importance to the social and cultural development of its students and offers a quality education on international scale. Some of the social and cultural activities include Spring Festival, student clubs, environmental and technical trips, training seminars, conferences, concerts, exhibitions, job fairs, entrepreneurship contests, sports activities, etc.
Accommodation opportunities for students include state dormitories, student-friendly accommodation facilities and many apart-hotels.
In ALKU, undergraduate program degrees generally require eight semesters and 240 ECTS credits. Both normal education and evening education programs are available in most of the faculties. Language of education is Turkish for the moment but all faculty can teach in English also. Students have an optional English preparatory year in Faculty of Business. Additionally, German, Russian or Arabic languages are taught throughout several programs. Students also have many academic options like double major or minor degrees, summer school, and transfers to other higher education institutions in Turkey. There will also be student exchange programs like Erasmus, Mevlana and Farabi.
ALKU gives the highest importance to internationalization within the changing environment demanded by growing globalization. Within this context, ALKU aims to develop an internationalization strategy and approach that is appropriate for the provision of education, training, research and service in a systematic way, which will increase the quality of work and strengthen both its regional and global position. A central role in this internationalization strategy will be played by the international students who come from every part of the world to study here. With the aim of high quality education on international scale, the number of foreign students is increasing day by day. Currently ALKU already has around 130 international students from 40 different nations from all around the world.
Faculty of Business
- Business Administration
- Economics and Finance
- International Trade
- Tourism Management
- Human Resources (will start in September 2016)
Faculty of Engineering
- Business Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Computer Engineering (will start in September 2016)
Faculty of Education
- Primary Education Mathematics Teaching
- Science Teaching
Faculty of Medicine
- Medical School
ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
Alanya Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vocational School
- Accounting and Tax Practices
- Banking and Insurance
- Catering Services
- Real Estate Management
- Tourism and Hotel Management
Akseki Vocational School
- Accounting and Tax Practices
- Computer Programming
- Control and Automation Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Furniture and Decoration
- Office Management and Executive Assistant
Gazipaşa Mustafa Rahmi Büyükballı Vocational School
- Catering Services
- Tourism and Hotel Management
Institute of Social Sciences
- Management and Organization (Master’s)
- International Trade (Master’s)
- International Trade (Doctorate)
Institute of Sciences
- Business Engineering (Master’s)
- Material Science and Engineering (Master’s)
- Occupational Health Safety (non-thesis Master’s)
Institute of Health Sciences
For applications to Graduate Programs, please visit: https://bys.akdeniz.edu.tr/enstitu/?lang=en
HOW TO APPLY (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
Currently, international applications for undergraduate programs at ALKU are organized together with Akdeniz University and applications for ALKU will be through Akdeniz University International Students (AKUS) Examination system for 2016-2017 academic year.
- AKUS Examination Online Application System: https://bys.akdeniz.edu.tr/akus/?lang=en
- AKUS Examination Application Deadlines: April 3rd, 2016
- AKUS Examination Date: April 24th, 2016
- AKUS Examination Centers: Turkey (Antalya, Ankara, Istanbul Izmir), Germany (Cologne, Munich), Belgium (Brussels), Azerbaijan (Baku), Iran (Urmia, Tabriz), Northern Cyprus (Nicosia), Iraq (Arbil, Kirkuk), Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Riyadh and Medina), Kazakhstan (Almaty), Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek), Afghanistan (Mazar-i-Sharif).
- AKUS Examination Fees: https://bys.akdeniz.edu.tr/akus/ucretler
AKUS Examination Application Requirements: All applications will be accepted and evaluated on condition that the applicant has either completed or is in the final year of their secondary education, and fulfils the conditions listed below:
- a) Is a Foreign student,
- b) Is a Turkish citizen by birth who was granted permission by the Turkish Ministry of Internal Affairs to give up their Turkish citizenship, or is a child of such a person who is below the age of 18, and who is registered on his or her parent’s renunciation of citizenship document, providing they have in their possession documentary evidence of their rights under the terms of Law No. 5901, and Article 7 (1),
- c) Is a foreign national by birth, and who has also been granted Turkish citizenship (dual nationality)
- d) Is a Turkish citizen who has completed his or her secondary education in a foreign country or in the Turkish Schools which are founded by the Ministry of Education in that country with the exception of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)
- e) Is a TRNC citizen living in the TRNC who has completed his or her secondary education in the TRNC, and has successfully completed the GCE AL Examination and who has or will have a GCE AL qualification after having registered for and completed a course of education in a college or high school in other country between 2005 and 2010.
For more information, please visit: http://www.studyinturkey.gov.tr/profiles/application/207
- 2016-2017 Academic Year Tuition Fees: http://intstudents.akdeniz.edu.tr/tuition-fees
- TÜRKİYE Scholarships: http://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/index.php/en/
TESTIMONIALS FROM SOME OF OUR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|“Alanya has wonderful weather and lots of beautiful views and places. People are friendly and helpful not only in university, but also in city. Beautiful beach and possibility to spend time at it even in October makes the spent time in here more enjoyable.”
Agnese Gintere, 22, Latvia
|“ALKU has great stuff, a highly educated professor team, which is the key to become great. As a matter of fact, I really like the whole atmosphere provided by every single member in the university as well as the location, taken in consideration that we are studying in a famous touristic spot: Alanya. The city is quite small, calm and represents a rich mixture of a multitude cultures, the weather is warm most of the year, so it is easy to adapt if you are a foreigner. I am pretty sure you will fall in love with what I think is the best of all cities in Turkey.”
Akbar Akbar, 22, Indonesia
|“Alanya is beautiful and peaceful city, summer here never ends. Study process for Erasmus+ students is interesting and gives a good experience for further life. People here are friendly and open minded.”
Kristīne Kārkliņa, 21, Latvia
|“It’s my first time in Alanya and I like it very much. I met only friendly, hospitable people here. There are many great places to visit; my favorite ones are Cleopatra beach and the castle with a stunning view.”
Katarina Kollarova, 24, Slovakia
|“If you want high-quality education, modern city, wonderful beaches, excellent social life and numerous opportunities for activities, Business Faculty in Alanya is the perfect choice!”
Jovana Stojavonic, 20, Serbia
|“Hello my name is Filip. I’m Mevlana exchange student in Alanya. The city is very good for education, trip and social life. It’s pity that I will stay just only for four months.”
Filip Filipovic, 21, Serbia
|“I like this University. It is comfortable place even for foreign students- we have all conditions for study. Our teachers demonstrate us a high quality of Turkish education and very interesting learning system. I enjoy this time. In this semester I’m learning a lot and I think it will be useful in my future profession.”
Evgeniya Ochirova, 21, Russia
|“This exchange program is very interesting and useful for me. Thanks to our teachers and people who have organized everything for us during this semester. It is pleasant to study in Alanya. Alanya is an amazing city where I met a lot of friendly people and spent good time.”
Elena Mochalova, 20, Russia
|“I definitely believe Alanya Faculty of Business is one of the best Management schools. I am very pleased with the level of professionalism among lecturing staff. Our professors share their own experiences with the students and also provide homework and projects that let us better understand ourselves, all of which will help us make correct choices in our careers. They are helpful and available when students need them. The faculty teaches new approaches in the field of management and also provides seminars for the self-development of students. There are also training opportunities that help us get ready for the business life. I am happy to be a part of Alanya Faculty of Business.”
Murtala Mustapha Baba,23,Gana
|Alanya being famous for its touristic sight is also a center for a cultural diversity. As a foreign student in Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, studies for a foreigner is easy because we get adapted to the environment full of people from all over the world. The favorable weather plays an important role in the adaptation of students. The lecturers help the students with their carriers and guide them through this process. Am lucky to study and live in Alanya.
Ines Debora N’CHO; 21; Ivory Coast
- University campus is in Kestel at the moment and the Chancellership is Konaklı.
- Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat Univesity in Alanya is the first university in Turkey which was situated in a town except for the city centers.
- At the moment Prof. Dr. Mr. Ahmet Pınarbaşı is the Chanceller of Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat Univesity.
For more information about Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University you may visit the website: http://www.alanyaaku.edu.tr/